Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Circus Tricks

I woke up at 3am, and just could not get back to sleep. When my alarm went off (this being the first day back at work in two and a half weeks), I got up, came to the PC and sent an email saying I wouldn't be in. Then I went back to bed and crashed hard for three hours. I woke up feeling refreshed, and not a bit guilty about being at home for another day.

I think I may just hate my current job so much that I want to spend as little time as possible doing it, especially knowing that I start my new job on 22nd... but I am making it slightly harder on myself as I have a ton of things to finish up between now and then. The half-yearly reviews are the bane of my existence right now - I am SO not going to miss managing people. (Mind you, after that 2:30am callout the other night, I won't exactly miss being on call either...)

I'm also feeling a lot better about the whole Wellington thing. I did respond to a comment on a previous blog saying I might be relieved, and I think that is the most prevelant emotion running through right now. I don't have to fill the weekend with meaningless antics. WN said one of the reasons she wasn't coming was because the weekend couldn't be what I wanted it to be. She's right. Not that I wanted to just jump her bones and spent the weekend navel-gazing... I wanted to be having a good time with a friend, but we're not there yet, nor am I sure we ever will be, but that isn't freaking me out now.

The thing that has brought me a few good laughs over the last couple of days are the responses to my 'ad' on the sofa looking for a non-date for the circus. Two very funny women from Melbourne have suggested I fly them over! One of them even linked to this
YouTube Kiwi animation which is cute. Neither of them obviously read my profile though which does clearly state I'm not a kiwi, but hey, they showed a bit of spirit in replying.

And there's another sofa woman, local this time (that would make a change) who is crap at writing messages - I don't have a problem with that as you can probably tell. The very first message I got from her included her phone numbers (home & mobile) and a request for a date... I already happened to be busy that particular evening, so gallantly turned her down. Three months later, she writes again asking what I'm up to... I send back a stream of stuff, to which I get a one line response... so I did the same "You don't write much do you?", and she replied overnight with "Ask me out then!"... ah - a woman with balls... so I asked her to the circus, no reply as yet. I have no idea what she looks like - no photo on her profile... and I'm usually so aesthetic (or shallow...). Call me crazy - watch this space.

Although this doesn't have a huge bunch of deep stuff, the Wellington thing alone deems it to be a PL posting... :)

Have fun y'all. I'm just having another lazy day off. Oh, and cos I was talking about horoscopes earlier today, here's mine... I never usually read them:


There is a marked difference between lack of ability and laziness. If the former is holding you back, seek assistance. But if the latter applies, stop making excuses and pull your weight. Others will respect your efforts.

Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment