Thursday, January 11, 2007

Other Stuff that Sucks

I was at least fairly honest with my friends post, but because there are work colleagues on that list I didn't feel I could really say...

How the hell can I do this for 6 more days???

I just know I'm making work for myself, and procrastination doesn't make any targets easier to hit, but boy oh boy, I am bored out of my TREE! I ended up only doing one review today as the 3pm showed up late for work and I wasn't going to stay past 4:30pm just to fit in with his agenda. I'll give him a break - he only gets his son part-time, and today was pick-up day for two weeks of holiday. Means I have to do three reviews tomorrow - and it's not just me who hates them, the guys hate them too! Anyhooo, that's so boring.

So, it turns out the ballsy chick is busy Saturday night and can't come play at the circus, but we have a blind date (well, I'll be blind - she knows what I look like) with her on Sunday evening. That's just a little bit crazy... but I'm up for new experiences.

I really have no desire to have an empty $250 seat next to me at Varekai - and I can't tell right now if I'm pissed off at myself for thinking that buying two was really a good idea, or whether I'm just having a relapse and getting unecessarily pissed off with Wellington for letting me down at the last minute. The "I told you so" bastard on my right shoulder is saying I shouldn't have visited between xmas and new year, cos then there'd be no reason she wouldn't come up this weekend right? And the devil's advocate on the other shoulder says, of course she'd not be coming anyway, it's a fate kind of deal. Pfft - like I know.

I've offered the seat up to another sofa buddy, but no response as yet. It's Friday tomorrow, and I'm thinking that on Saturday night I'll be drinking two glasses of champagne (one for each ticket), sitting in my lonely seat and probably crying like a baby wishing perhaps I hadn't even gone! Talk about mood swings! I'll be such great company eh? I can't even blame PMS - well actually I could, but I'd be lying... and the one thing I try to do - especially in the PL blogs - is be as honest as I can, and if I sound completely fucked up, then that might be a true representation of my reality right now. And I also try not to over-analyse what I'm posting, keep the editing to a minimum and let whatever comes come. Lucky you!

It doesn't help that I'm really really tired. I woke again in the middle of the night to the soulful cries of a catfight, and after a trip to pee, could not get back to sleep - just too hot and muggy. I ended up coming to the puter and answering a couple of messages. I knew I really had to go to work today - and full circle I come...

I'm going to watch Criminal Minds, have another glass of wine, and have an early night. I was going to see if anyone wanted to go to Witch tonight, but I couldn't honestly be bothered.

There's a book called "Life's a bitch, and then you change careers" - it can only get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment