Saturday, January 13, 2007

Occam's Razor Wins

This is often paraphrased as "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one."

Nothing was being achieved with my constant brain battles, so instead I gave the tickets away. Done. Picked up, gone.

Despite the fact that I bought the tickets way back in May, when I evidently didn't have anyone to go with, since early November I'd come to associate the whole experience down to being with Wellington tonight. And once I'd fully realised that, I decided it would be best to not go at all. So I sent a txt to my best friends (in the in-a-couple category), and they're going. V, who came to pick them up, did offer to go with me, and that was sweet, but I told her I would rather not go than remember why I didn't go with someone specifically. She gave me a well-needed hug.

And V & I can tell me all about it as we're having brunch tomorrow. We were going to spend the day on Waiheke Island, but their bathroom renovations are a little behind on schedule so a two hour brunch fits better in the plans. The weather's crap anyway - just keeps on raining. Plus I have that date-type thing in the evening which I will hopefully be looking forward to more and more bit by bit over the next 24 or more hours.

So! This is the first time I've had a dry eye since my last blog. That's pretty dismal really. h1dd3n tried calling me earlier, but both my phones were on silent when I went back to bed. I called her back but no reply, so maybe we'll talk later. At least I'll be able to talk...

I am now going to shower, get dressed, go buy a lotto ticket, a piece of meat for the bbq and a few beers. Then later on I'll go to the birthday party and I will get tipsy, dance and laugh. I might cry a bit too, but I'm not worried about that. I'm just feeling in a slightly happier place right now, and I want to be around friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment