Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Preferred List - What it Means

All blogs are from MySpace if you haven't figured that out... anyway:

I was asked by a MySpace friend why I have blog postings to a preferred list. Well, I'm sure everyone has their own reasons, and here are some that I can think of that apply to me and me alone.

- The preferred list postings are generally of a more personal nature. I'm new to the blog 'scene', and I'm still testing the waters with reference to what I think people may actually want to read versus writing what comes off the top of my head and seeing the response I get. Constructive criticism or input is always welcome to either preferred or non-preferred postings.

- There are people I work with on my friends list. And by work with, I mean on the same floor, in the same division... I'll be moving to another part of the company later this month, and I might(!) add one or two to the preferred list as I consider them to be more friends than colleagues anyhow. Then again, I might not.

- I have bands/singers among my friends. They have no business knowing my business.

- People on my preferred list are either very good/close friends who know me well, and there are others - which some people might find strange - who know me not a jot, know nothing of my personality, who aren't in the same country, who I am possibly never likely to meet... and I don't have a problem 'sharing' with those folks cos their feedback is sometimes the most frank and honest, and I find that refreshing.

So there's a taster. By the way, the (F) at the end of a subject line means this posting is for all of my MySpace friends. I'll leave you to work out what (PL) means...

And a note to all my readers - cos there are some, my 'Views' stats tell me so... I'm back at work tomorrow, and I anticpate the blog entries will be less frequent. I'm not sure I'm into the full daily cathartic experience... we'll just to have to see.

Cheers queers, and those that want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment