Monday, January 8, 2007

Sore Skin!

And nothing to do with tattoos! This is just that old kiwi sun doing damage when you casually forget its power... but I'll come back to that.

I guess the mind-cleansing thing did some good (for those on the preferred list). I ended up having a rather full day when I actually had little planned, especially after cancelling the tat appointment.

I'd arranged to meet a couple of pink sofa friends up from Hamilton for the circus, but the place we'd chosen was still closed for the hols... never mind, I picked them up and we headed to Ponsonby, my favourite area of town for brunch n stuff. We had a good feed and even better coffee, and being where we were, it was ideal to pop down to the Women's Bookshop (which everyone from out of town does when they're on Ponsonby Rd). We chewed plenty of fat over the couple of hours and it was great to catch up with them. Grounding #1.

During brunch I'd received a txt from my bestest mate (who has just - after a bit of prompting - joined MySpace... I'll put you in my top friends as soon as you put a picture up babe! lol). Once I'd dropped the PS mates back home, I drove up to see her, where much more fat was chewed, and I got rather burnt sitting on her deck (didn't realise until hours later)... We went to the DIY/Gardening store to pick up some stakes and mesh for some tomato and courgette plants she's looking to relocate. She did ask me to join her in the spa, but that was a bit beyond my current body-image-evaluation capacity, so we left it at that. Major grounding #2 - you always do that to me. Thanks.

Oh - this is looking a bit long and just a touch deep for a non-preferred blog... Time to lighten it up a bit.

At the garden store, I'd picked up a venus fly trap plant - I hadn't really acknowledged the friends who fed my cats while I was away in the holidays, and every time I go round their house I always give them heaps about their old fly trap that's decrepit and basically not capable of trapping anything at all... I popped in on the way home. They were thrilled. I also caught up on the bathroom demolition and rebuild progress courtesy of our mutual chums from San Fran... the fact that their claw foot bath was in the hallway was an indication of progress. I have a feeling I might get a call for a shower request later today! Those SF girls sure know a thing or two about renovation - but that's their business. SO looking forward to spending time with them on their home turf in May... Grounding #3.

All in all a good one. The best ones to tend to be the unplanned ones. I felt much more relaxed.

Then at 2:30am, I got called from work. I didn't answer it, and didn't respond to the page that came after. It said "Please call so-and-so at work ASAP" - If I'd been given a reason for the call it might have been different... That's one thing I really really hate about this current job - the fact that I am still on holiday until Wednesday, but they find ways to make me think about work and completely ruin the effect of the overdue and well-earned rest. Not best pleased. Thanks for mucking up the great work my friends did yesterday.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment