Sunday, January 14, 2007

Topsy Turvy Plans

And cos I'm really pretty hopeless at the blog titles, that specifically relates to my non-date not being a date at all now as she's apparently too tired... Call me cynical - maybe she lost her balls! Yeah, whatever. I'll wait for her to get in touch I think.

Caught up with V&I over brunch, and V took one of our friends who's over from SanFran and they had a stonking time at the circus. Cool. I had asked V to get me a two copies of the show on DVD, one for me to watch sometime, and one for the friend whose birthday party I went to last night. She wouldn't take any money for them though which makes giving one as a present a bit odd, but I shouldn't over analyse that too, right? Nice gesture. And cos they were good tickets they got a program each, a Cirque de Soleil CD each and gave one to me. More cool. They offered me one of the ticket stubs, but that's a bit like collecting corks from wine I haven't drunk myself... not a goer.

The birthday party was OK once people stopped asking me how come I was there... and I didn't even cry! Birthday girl was stoked to see me and was even more delighted that her friend K was going to be there... I had half-fancied K some months ago when I first started venturing out, and when she got dreadfully drunk at the Lesbian Ball, I gave her a lift home... they've been planning and conniving since... so with K and I in the same room, it was assumed that it was somehow fate and I should make my move. I did quietly explain that after crying for a solid number of hours earlier that same day over someone else, 'making a move' wasn't really high on my agenda... plus - if I may be so bold/rude - she didn't seem quite so cute this time around (I kept that bit to myself). She asked for my number as I was leaving, and I gave it to her, but the matchmakers thought I was letting a great opportunity pass. I'll cope.

I did drive home a little(!) over the limit I'm sure, and seeing as I only just finally got my NZ license I guess I should be taking it easy. I just got to a point in the evening when, despite the fun I'd had, I had to up and leave. I do that sometimes - as those on this list are witness. It's some sort of threshold thing, don't know exactly.

So now I have a free evening. Time to catch up on stuff I should probably have been doing yesterday but I was too busy snivelling. After all that rain, it's turned into a gorgeous sunny day, and you can't beat sheets dried on the line in the sun. There's something just so sexy about that smell. Hey, I never claimed to be normal here.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment